Mechanical design and development life cycle is being reduced with the advent of disruptive technologies. At QuEST we support, new product development initiatives, product modification to fulfill new orders, various improvement initiatives for products in service, investigate problems, and suggest alternative design solutions. QuEST’s design solutions have helped OEMs to reduce cost and weight while improving performance of products, resolve high field failures, use better material and optimize manufacturing process. Our service focus in design and development;
- Accessories Design- material selection and sizing accessories of mechanical equipment.
- Component Design- Size/re-size, engineering calculations, FMEA and solution substantiation report for core mechanical components such as shaft, bearing housing, casing, primary structures etc.
- Design Change Assessments (Design) – engineering investigation of reported deviations (nonconformances) and dispositions.
- Design Change Assessments (Stress)- structural integrity assessment of reported deviations (nonconformances) and disposition substantiation to accept / reject the deviation. The assessment by hand calculations and/or use of commercial simulation tools.
- System / Sub System / Auxiliary Design- define and manage system requirements and provide specifications for systems/auxiliaries such as – Inlet system, Lube Oil system, Fuel system, Boiler system, Exhaust system etc.
- Cost Engineering- Should costing, idea generation, business case development, idea implementation, Value Analysis / Value Engineering (VA/VE)