Model Based Enterprise
Strength & Impact
optimizing product development
Enabling seamless flow of product data across the enterprise with MBE
Model Based Enterprise (MBE) is a vision to transform an enterprise’s engineering, manufacturing, and aftermarket services through product data reuse and derived context, rather than interpreting inputs and recreating the models and drawings.
An enterprise generates product manufacturing information (PMI) to convey geometrical and non-geometrical attributes — structure, realization information, operation, and behavior — to the 3D model. An annotated 3D CAD model that contains all the necessary information required to define a product is called the Model Based Definition (MBD). This product model or the MBD forms the basis for an Model Based Enterprise that is human readable in a descriptive format. It describes fit, form and function to convey PMI, which includes 3D geometry and associative annotations, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T), and the methods to make it a computational model that is machine readable. This accelerates derivations, consumption, and reuse of product data at various stages of product life cycle from concept, design, definition, production, quality, service.
Manufacturers struggle with lot of complex challenges like the need for lean product development process, disconnected global teams and suppliers, achieving faster times-to-market, and securing intellectual property. MBE addresses these challenges by adopting a structured approach.
Key benefits of using MBE
- Ensures all stakeholders see the same information by maintaining a single source of truth; eliminates interpretation errors
- Emphasizes on necessary information availability for specific purpose through context-based product data visualization
- Enables standardized engineering and manufacturing practices through improved engineering knowledge capture and reuse
- Bridges the communication gap between engineering, manufacturing, and aftermarket services
- Empowers high productivity systems; faster time-to-market
To realize a Digital Model Based Enterprise, QuEST Global’s multidisciplinary teams partner with each function of our client organization to establish innovative engineering and manufacturing practices from conceptual through detail engineering, analysis, definition, production, and aftermarket services.
Product Lifecycle Engineering Services
- Engineering Analysis
- Detail Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- AfterMarket Services
Digital Enablement Services
- Design Optimization Systems Development
- Automated 3D PDF Publishing
- Enterprise System Integration
- Digital Asset Performance Management
Engineering Process Automation
- Automation Tools Development
- Smart Model Design for Re-usability
- Post Processor Development
- Electronic Work Instructions