- Complete redesign of hardware, firmware and User interface
Background / Context
- Original product with obsolete components and Legacy platforms
- High cost of support due to obsolete parts
- Performance issues
- Re-engineered the firmware and rewritten in C language and ported to DaVinci platform.
- Did complete software porting to new platform
- Designed using TMS320DM6446 (DSP + ARM) DaVinci Chip from TI and replaced existing ARM base PC core MPC823.
- Development was done in MontaVista Linux 4.0 based OS.
- Application from legacy CPU were ported to DaVinci ARM core.
- Did the Linux driver porting & new driver development for connecting peripherals like USB and Ethernet
Benefits to Client
- Completely redesigned PCBs and software
- Reduced BOM Cost