We contributed to the development of a new image analysis program to more quickly analyze CT perfusion images of the brain.
- Image analysis software to support the analysis of CT perfusion images of the brain
- To assist in determining the extent of perfusion, blood volume etc. in conditions like stroke and in making decisions regarding treatment
- Involved right from the requirement gathering and took over complete design and development.
- Implemented the calculation of Perfusion related parameters like Cerebral Blood Flow (CBF), Cerebral Blood Volume (CBV) and Mean Transit Time (MTT)
using deconvolution based algorithm
- Developed OpenGL based visualization module to display the perfusion parameters as colour coded maps
- Developed simple and easy to use image viewer to display the peak image and the maps along with image processing capabilities.
- Implemented features like automatic tissue selection, display of arterial and venous time flow graphs and ROI placement
- New features helped to increase confidence of radiologists by allowing quick and accurate diagnosis