- Image analysis software to support the analysis of CT perfusion images of the brain
- To assist in determining the extent of perfusion, blood volume etc. in conditions like stroke and in making decisions regarding treatment
Background / Context
- QuEST’s expertise in radiology image processing
- QuEST developed the equipment software for Portable CT machine of the client
- Involved right from the requirement gathering and took over complete design and development.
Implemented the calculation of Perfusion related parameters like Cerebral Blood Flow (CBF), Cerebral Blood Volume (CBV) and Mean Transit Time (MTT)
using deconvolution based algorithm
- Developed OpenGL based visualization module to display the perfusion parameters as colour coded maps
- Developed simple and easy to use image viewer to display the peak image and the maps along with image processing capabilities.
- Implemented features like automatic tissue selection, display of arterial and venous time flow graphs and ROI placement
Benefits to client
- New features helped to increase confidence of radiologists by allowing quick and accurate diagnosis