At QuEST, good corporate governance is more of a habit than a practice.
Directors on the Board of the company, at our Singapore Head Quarters, are the supreme authority on all matters pertaining to the operations of company and its group’s business on behalf of the shareholders. They monitor business health through quarterly meetings and offer their advice on critical business matters in their relevant domain of expertise. They provide go/no-go decisions on various business initiatives. The Chief Executive Officer and senior management team of the company are responsible for the day-to-day operations of the business.
The Board has the ultimate responsibility to all the stakeholders as well. Our independent directors — individuals of repute in business/public life – offer their independent, unbiased views to the Board, to ensure crucial decisions are based not just on business considerations.
The Board also ensures mature Corporate Governance through:
- Code of Conduct and ethics
- Whistle blower policy
- Regular review of Enterprise Risks and compliance needs
- Direction for Corporate Social Responsibility
- Supplier Code of Conduct
To provide due attention to various facets of the business, board has the following committees set up amongst its members:
- Audit Committee: Reviews financials, auditors’ reports and compliance matters
- Compensation Committee: Reviews all matters with respect to compensation structures
- Nomination committee: Helps the board in selection of suitable Board members